Try this recipe for a citrusy and fresh summer salad. Preparation time approximately 30 minutes. Refrigeration time 1 hour minimum. Cooking time 10 minutes. Serves 4.
- 500g thinly sliced beef (eye fillet, sirloin, rump)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 1/2 red chillies
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece (25g) fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 bunch coriander, roots and leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut amino sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup ghee or virgin coconut oil
- Thai dressing, to serve (recipe page 218)
- 4 cups rocket, washed
- 1 large green papaya, peeled, seeds removed and grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 continental cucumber, peeled into long strips/ribbons
- 1/3 cup (75g) roasted cashews
- 1/2 punnet snow pea sprouts
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
Prepare the Thai dressing according to instructions and set aside.
Place all marinade ingredients into blender or food processor and purée until a paste is formed.
Place beef into stainless steel mixing bowl and coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Place all salad ingredients and dressing in large bowl and toss gently to combine.
Melt ghee or coconut oil in large frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir-fry beef in batches for 2 minutes each batch. Ensure pan is very hot, as this will help the flavours to seal in quickly.
Top salad with the beef. Serve immediately