The perfect treat for a healthy sweet snack for the kids, easily increase amount to fit your families needs.
- ¼ cup puffed quinoa
- 1/3 cup buckinis
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Jimalie coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp Jimalie Virgin Coconut Oil 1 tbsp peanut butter (we used almond butter) ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
Salted Caramel Filling
- ¼ cup peanut butter (we used almond butter)
- 1½ cup cashew, soaked 3-6 hours
- ½ cup filtered water 1 tbsp mesquite powder (we left this out because I didn’t have any!)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup medjool dates
- ½ Celtic sea salt
- 1 ½ tbsp Jimalie Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 150g dark chocolate (dairy free)
Place all the ingredients of the wafer crunch mix in a mixing bowl, mix until well combined. Drain and rinse cashews and place in high-power blender with remaining caramel peanut (almond) filling ingredient. Blend until smooth (this will take a few minutes).
Add in the wafer crunch mix to the caramel filling bowl and mix until well combined. Place into a lined baking tin and place in freezer for 3 hours.
Once set, cut into rectangles and return to freezer. In the meantime, melt the chocolate. Press a handful of peanuts (I used crushed almonds) into the bars and place on a rack with a lined tray underneath and pour chocolate over the bars. Or dip the rectangles into the chocolate. Return to freezer to set before enjoying!
Store in freezer or fridge.