Our Rhubarb compote is sweetened only with fresh apples, contrasted to the majority of store bought compotes that usually contain significant quantities of sugar. The apple creates a delicious texture, adds nutritional value and provides ample sweetness. These Apple Rhubarbs contain only 3 key ingredients, making them very easy to prepare.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 6 Jimalie coconut wraps
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 large bunch rhubarb
- 1/4 cup filtered water
Rhubarb Compote Recipe
- Peel the apples and thinly slice, removing the core.
- Rinse and chop the stalks off the rhubarb
- Combine in a saucepan with filtered water and leave to simmer for approx. 20 minutes, checking occasionally and adding more water if required.
- Take off heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Lay coconut wraps on a flat surface and place compote down the centre, leaving approx. 2cm on both sides
- Gently roll the wraps and fold the sides in towards the middle
- Place roll ups in a square, oven-proof ramekin and bake for approx. 5 minutes or until slightly golden on the sides
- Serve with cinnamon and coconut yoghurt
Recipe created by Hannah & Jen from Healthy Luxe