If you love banana fritters, then try this recipe for sweet Filipino caramelised banana using coconut wraps.
Ingredients for caramel
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup of natural unsalted almond butter
- 1/3 cup of virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
Add all the caramel ingredients into a small saucepan and stir over medium low heat until all melted and combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
Whilst cooling down, roll bananas in coconut sugar and then wrap them up in coconut wraps and use a small amount of coconut oil in a fry pan and quickly toast the coconut wraps over medium low heat rotating constantly so the wraps do not burn. Once crispy remove from heat and cut into half and pour over caramel and top with walnuts!