Chicken Adobo is probably one of the best-known Filipino dishes out there! The beauty of Adobo is that every family has their own way of making it. Visit any Filipino home in the Philippines and abroad and you’ll get their version of this favourite but the fundamentals of this dish lie in the vinegar, soy sauce and garlic.
Recipe from Peter Evans book ‘Easy Keto Dinners’
- 1kg chicken wings
- 140ml apple cider vinegar or coconut cider vinegar
- 100ml organic tamari sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp honey (I used coconut nectar as I’m not a honey fan!)
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and let it marinade for at least an hour (I marinade overnight).
- Place chicken in lined roasting tray and cook in oven at 180 degrees (fan forced) for 45-50mins. Turn the wings occasionally.
- Garnish with finely chopped chilli or spring onion and serve with rice and steamed greens.